“People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll
tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”
(Rogers Hornsby, St. Louis Cardinals great)
Anyone of an appropriate age wishing to become an umpire with the KTUA is asked to contact our Umpire in Chief at email@example.com
- Now that the season is almost here plans are underway for the 2013 pre-season clinics.
- Novice candidates are invited to attend the indoor clinic to be held at the King City S.P.S. gymnasium.
- This session will be held on Friday evening; April 19 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
The agenda for the April 19 session is largely introductory in nature and will focus on Rookie and Sr. Rookie ball:
-The Plate meeting
- Plate and Base mechanics
- Movement after a batted ball
-Signals and basic Mechanics
- Teamwork in Umpiring etc.
- Bench Decorum and
- the KTBA Code of Conduct
There will be an opportunity for any questions candidates might have,
to discuss the information found in the Umpires link on the KTBA website
and take up the 2 quizzes which you will have been sent earlier by e-mail.